Example The Standard Template Construct: Hobby: 40k Forums Painting Competition

Thursday 12 November 2009

Hobby: 40k Forums Painting Competition




I have been a member of the 40k forums for just under a year now. And it was the first Warhammer 40,000 dedicated forum I ever joined. Even before I join dakka dakka.

I have always found it a very supportive and tight knit, if small community of people, where i love showing off my Blood Ravens after I have painted them.

Recently they held a painting competition to convert and paint a 40k minature within one month.

I am relatively new to the painting aspect of this hobby, but I thought it would be a good experience, so I set about doing my best to paint up my Blood Raven version of Captain Sicarius.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of the helmet he comes with, its too small, but I love the roman style crest, so I chopped it off and pinned it to a normal space marine helmet, filling the gaps with green stuff.

I then removed all the Ultramarine symbols, and gave him wings, as I intended for this to be my 'Master of the Fleet' so wanted him to have that sort of iconography.

I entered within much thoughts of actually winning, but as it turns out, I manged to place 1st! Scoring myself a copy of the new Space Hulk. Something I was very pleased with.

So without further adue, here is my winning entry.
Captain Octavian, Master of the Fleet, Captain of the Blood Ravens 3rd Company.



 

 

2 comments:

  1. all i can say is "how new is relatively new" ?

    blending on the cloak is sweet as is that NMM.

    ReplyDelete