Example The Standard Template Construct: Hobby: Art of a Predator

Wednesday 11 November 2009

Hobby: Art of a Predator



I recently (two days ago) finished the construction and painting of a Predator for my Blood Ravens Chapter space marines. After my post plugging the amazingness of Predators I thought it was a little hypocratical all 3 of mine were stuff unpainted and only strung together with bluetack!

Those who don't know of the Blood Ravens, they are the chapter from the highly acclaimed 'Dawn of War' stragegy games based on Warhammer 40,000 produced by Relic Games. Which I highly recommend.

But I digress, the idea behind this tank, was I wanted a venerable vehicle, that has earned many honours. The Blood Ravens value knowledge above all things, and have a association with psykers, so I tried to maintain that feel by having a lot of scripping of prayers and random things all over my vehicles. Not to mention the abundance of purity seals, to ward of the warp, and ensure luck, good fortune, purity, etc. The wings are an ongoing these in my army, with each 'leader' of a section of vehicles having them. So the lead predator of 3, or the lead land raider of 3, all get them. (essentially the first vehicle I bought!). I also like the maintain a 'clean' feel throughout all of my army, so I dont do weathering or battle damage.

So, check them out, and let me know what you think!










 

Tell me what you like, and don't like.
If people want, I can write up a painting guide to this scheme when I paint up my next vehicle (very likely a LandSpeeder Storm).

Peace out, and happy gaming!

Roleplayer



No comments:

Post a Comment